You may be aware of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a set of laws which defines how organisations should process and protect the data of individuals within the European Union.
We believe that protecting your personal data is vital and since our launch in 2016, we have always acted pragmatically to protect your data to abide by both current regulation and our stringent protocols.
Within this article, we aim to outline how we collect, process and use your data and how we protect you online when you use our services.
What information do we collect from you?
For example, when you visit our website, we collect three main types of data: Page Information, Browser Information and User Information. Please be aware that this information is not personally identifiable, but statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
- URL: the URL of the page an individual is viewing.
- Title: the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser name: the browser the individual is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane: the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution: the resolution of the user’s screen
- Java enabled: whether or not the individual has Java enabled.
- Flash version: what version of Flash the user is using
- Location: this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated.
- Language: this is derived from the language settings of the browser.
A note about IP addresses:
Our Email Subscriptions
When you subscribe to our Mailing List, we gather your email address and implement web beacons within emails sent to our subscribers.
- Web beacons: We use web beacons in our emails. When we send emails to subscribers, we may track behaviour such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of subscribers. This information is securely stored on our web-based services.
A cookie is a small text file saved on your computer or mobile device by a website when you visit our website. The cookie enables the website to remember your actions and preferences such as login, language, font size and other display preferences to keep you from having to re-enter them on every visit to the website or when browsing from page to page.
- Your display preferences, such as contrast and colour settings or font size
- Whether or not you have already replied to a survey popup that asks you if the content was helpful or not so that you won’t be asked over and over again
How we use the information we collect
To improve customer service.
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To personalize the user experience.
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site.
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
To process transactions.
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
We implement secure data transfer protocols to ensure that your data is never exposed to the public, or exploited by third parties. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over an SSL secured communication channel.
If you would like to learn more about how we process your data, please email our support team at [email protected]